Friday, December 28, 2012

New Years Eve Activities

I feel like everyone is expected to "go out" for New Years, either at a friend's house party or at a bar/club. Most of my close friends all go out for NYE> 
I, for one, have never "gone out." Although it was because in my parents' homeland, it's normal to spend it with family (and because I am still in college- my sister does her own thing on NYE), I have never "gone out."

So what are fun ways of spending your New Year's Eve, other than "going out"? 

Pinterest

1. Fancy dinner + Movie/TV with whomever and champagne 
Cheesy, I know. But hey, I love my family and it's more of a cultural thing about my homeland. It's also fun too. This is what I tend to do every year :) 
Have you thought about watching the movie New Year's Eve? hehe 

2. Travel to a new city and count down at its downtown! 
I'm going to be extremely stereotypical and suggest NYC. But I'm also curious as to what a warmer city in the south or even DC would bring! 

3. Board games (Bingo, Scrabble, you name it) 
Some of my friends have sangria and do board games every year, and they love it. It's laid back, it's cute, and it's fun.

4. Dress up pot luck dinner
Have everyone bring a fancy fancy dish, and do black tie attire. Not only will you be able to eat good but cheap food, you'll be in your own home so you won't be getting your toes stepped on, and won't have to brave the mid-December cold. And plenty of photos to upload onto Facebook the next day ;) 

5. Movie/TV show marathon night with takeout 
For example, watch all of the Harry Potter movies. Or race through Downton Abbey with a box of Chinese food. I feel like this would be fabulous haha. 

6. Go stargazing with a loved one with blankets/food/etc. 
Cold, I know. But it's romantic. And hey, who doesn't like romantic? 

7. Act like it's any other day and go to bed 
Hey, this also works! 


What are your favourite ways to spend the NYE? Do you do the conventional "going out"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment