Sunday, December 23, 2012

Filofax Loving

Does anyone remember the scene when Katherine Heigl in 27 Dresses goes crazy when she loses her planner? 
She's screaming "Where's my Filofax?!"  and then James Marsden gives it back to her? 
Yeah. I bet y'all thought she was crazy for being so in love with a planner. 

Well, I've got a confession. 

I have a Filofax, like Jane (Katherine Heigl's character).
And I am probably just as, if not more, obsessed with it as she is. 

Filofax Classic 

I know that everyone is about the iCal. Or their phone calendars. 
Or even if they do have agendas, it's about famous and chic brands like Kate Spade or LP. 
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Kate Spade and Lilly Pulitzer.
Choosing a new planner every year sounds like so much fun (for the Filofax, you just change the inside pages every year).  
I just think that Filofaxes are so under appreciated. 

For me, Filofaxes are special, because I got my first Filofax (the Pocket size of the one picture in this entry) from my uncle as my high school graduation present. 
My mother has had the same Filofax from 25 years ago- she writes her schedule and even jots down her personal thoughts once in a while. 
I got a Personal size (same as the one I got from my uncle, except bigger) for Christmas last year. 

Therefore, Filofaxes have a meaning in my life. 
It's been something that was given to me to show that I succeeded. 
It's been something that have stayed my mother's companion since even before she got married. 
It's been something that I grew into, as my schedule got busier as I grew older. 

It's been a record of my life and my family's. And I think that's pretty darn cool. 

So yes, I do wish that I had the beautiful Lilly agendas.
 But, I am happy buying my refill for my Filofax every year, because it means a lot to me. 

Does anyone have a strong attachment to a certain piece of stationary stuff like I do? 



No comments:

Post a Comment