Monday, June 4, 2012

2012 Summer Lilly Dresses

Hello hello!!
It's already June! And that means we're almost halfway done with the year.
Unbelievable!!

I don't know what all of y'all have been up to, but I have been quite busy.
I've been interning at a office in the city during the day and taking classes at night, and also studying for the GREs on the side. Oomph.

Living at home also gives me a great social life. Sarcasm right there. Driving 30 minutes does not seem like a long time, right? But when everyone else live within 10 minutes of walking distance to each other and you're the only one who is a 25-minute drive away, it makes you feel like a pooper. And yes, I just used that word. Clearly I'm bummed, so cut me some slack.


Anywhoo, I am loving the current Lilly collection dresses.
I was going to write the post on the current Lilly everything, but I just loved everything too much to do in one post so I'm just going to post about the dresses for today ;-)

I am in LOVE with this dress- the style and the colours, and then the prints! ADORABLE! 
I could just about wear this anywhere except for my internship. Bah- I wish I had the money right now! 

I love the bold prints and the kind of tunic-y style of the dress. Very summer-esque.
I could probably wear this dress for Casual Friday. It's so bright and happy!

I love the pink and navy (again, my favourite colour combo!) and the bow/twist thing! 
I think it's perfect for the fancy summer occasion- although I do admit, I wouldn't really know where to wear it to, but I'm sure the lad would appreciate it if I dressed up for one of our dates :-) 
It's so cute!! I love the shell lining too. It's so precious. 


And of course, it wouldn't be Classic Loving if there weren't any navy pieces, right? ;-) 
I love the bold shells and the starfish- it would definitely be a "summer" kind of dress. 
Love, love, love it. Although this dress is the type of dress that you definitely have to see with your own eyes to decide whether you actually like it or not. 

MarieKate Dress
And last but not least, the MarieKate Dress. The lace is adorable. Love it. It's sweet but not too sweet. The breast area is not my taste but I like the sleeves and everything else so it's still great :)
I wish I was more into white dresses when I graduated from high school. My school had a white dress only rule for female graduates, and although my grandmother got me a dress from Rugby Ralph Lauren, since I thought I'd never wear it again, I felt bad buying such a nice dress and ended up just wearing my Forever 21 dress instead. Boy, was I wrong. Out of all of the "dressy" dresses I own, I wear my whites the most- I am in a sorority after all ;-) Wish the 18 year old me knew it back then! Anywhoo- this would be such a cute addition to my whites.



Bah! I wish I had the occasions/money to buy all of these dresses. Honestly, they're adorable and great and I'm in love. With dresses. I know. But forgive me, but a working girl's gotta dream, right?
Which current Lilly dresses are your favourites?

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I love all of them! So cute. I'm thinking about going shopping at In the Pink in Chatham, ma and buying a new Lilly summer dress. Not sure which to pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I so need to save this post with all the gorgeous dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete