Friday, June 22, 2012

Travel Essentials: Airplane Carry-On's



I love travelling. I went to Spain in January for 10 days and boy, was it great.
I also travel really long distances fairly frequent for a New Englander, I think- I do long distance (like not California long distance, but in the middle of no where on the globe long distance) at least once or twice a year.

I think packing for planes is vital. You can't go too heavy or your shoulders/back will kill you, but you can't go too light that you don't have anything to do on your flight. Packing a carry-on is also an art: you have to fit everything perfectly so that it'll be fast as possible when you go through security! (nothing worse than waiting to go through security for an hour)
Sometimes, I think it's more important than the actual packing since if you're at your destination and you forget something, worse come to worst you can go buy it. However, when you're on a plane, you're actually stuck. You can't do anything about it. So plan carefully, y'all.

Here's what I usually pack for a flight- both long and short flights (clockwise from the Longchamp spiraling into the nano)


Travel Essentials: Airplane



1. Longchamp bag, €75
What I usually bring my stuff in. I travel with the Le Pliage Large, but if you have back problems or will be wandering for a while in the airport etc. I'd suggest you just stick with a backpack. It's a struggle everytime for me.... haha

2. My laptop!!
Bring a couple of movies with you :)

3. Books with Style Style Book: Fashionable Inspirations, $30
A good book. Go with a paperback. Hard covers are fun because they tend to be newer books, but trust  me, you'd definitely want to go as light as possible. 


4. Makeup travel bag, $33
Although this isn't the makeup bag I use, I think this is adorable :) (My cousin made me mine!) 
I tend to go touch up my makeup right before the plane lands. I usually take the morning flights so I go without make or my contacts (especially since I fly 10+ hours) but before I land, I tend to pull myself together. 


5. Aspinal of London Plain Passport Cover, $35
If you're going abroad, I really do hope you'll take your passport with you ;-) 
My passport cover is one from Bally that I've been using FOREVER. Literally since I was one or two, I think. It's all worn out but I love it. 

Who wouldn't bring a wallet? 

Ah the trusty Bath and Body Works! They have travel sized lotions etc. so definitely stop by before you go on a flight. Plane air is usually dry so lotion is always a plus :)

8. BlackBerry Bold 9900 Mobile Phone Black (AT&T), $200
My darling blackberry. Enough said.

9. iPod nano 16GB pink APPLE, £129
I have the old nano but I never go on a trip without my iPod. Airport wait time is so much better with music, don't you think!



What do you bring with you onto the plane? 




Also, if you ever have questions or post requests for me, email me at classicloving [at] gmail.com. Or you can just email me in general! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment