Sunday, June 17, 2012

Love this game

So I don't really remember if I told you all, but I am an international relations major.
I usually work with Asia (I know the culture well), Europe (Took many classes in it and minor in European history), and Middle East (took many classes, primary focus). 

I have a really IR related job. I work with Asia, Europe, and Oceania. 
And there's this amazing thing called Sporcle, which I'm sure all of you know about. (Hey, procrastination, right?!) So I decided to do the Countries of the World one and see how high I'd score, since, you know, I'm an IR major and have an IR related job and all. And you'd think that I got 196/196, right? 
WRONG! 



113 out of 196.
Oomph. That's all I could say. I forgot really obvious ones like Peru since I was so busy thinking about places such as Vanuatu and Tonga (no offense to those in Vanuatu or Tonga). 
Well, that was embarrassing. I'm sure it'd be fine if I wasn't doing IR, but since I'm supposed to know about the world... Haha.

However, it did make me feel like I need to step up my country knowledge a tad more. 

Not going to lie, Africa and the Caribbeans are definitely my weakests. And I don't really deal with them at work unless the person who is in charge of Africa is out sick or something. I suppose I just have to study on my own time!

I'm also not going to lie that I'm shaky with spellings for some of the countries. Bah. 

Anyways, classy is knowledge as well, in my opinion. So ladies and gentlemen, I suggest you hone up your country skills as well! ;-) 
Have you tried playing it before? How did you do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment