Friday, February 8, 2013

Cold Combat Outfit

GUYS. A BLIZZARD IS COMING. 
Well, I guess by the time this is published, it will be in the middle of a blizzard. 

Even though I was born and raised in New England, I hate the cold.
You have no idea how much I hate the cold. 
But I really do. With a passion.

It doesn't help that it takes me 15 minutes to walk across campus to get to class. 

Thus, I have given up style when I go outside during the cold winter months.
I go in something that makes me comfortable and the winter cold bearable.
Of course, I do try to choose the most stylish things possible, but you know... winter coats ain't that cute, but hey! At least I'm mildly warm and comfortable ;) 



Winter Essentials



The North Face north face coat / Kate Spade bow glove / Trouvé round scarve / ASOS pom hat / Starbucks' UK coffee will be strongest yet, $78,305 / Frye Lindsay Plate

1. North Face Puffer Coat: Now, they make you look like a snowman, but they're warm. It's heavenly in the negative weather! I try not to wear the puffer every year until January (because when I get used to it during the warmer months ie December, when it gets frigid in January, I won't feel as warm), but I love it. 

2. Infinity Scarves: I always wear some kind of scarf in the cold, but lately, I've been in love with the infinity scarf ever since I got one for Christmas. For some odd reason, I find them so much warmer. 

3. Hat: I didn't wear hats until last year- but they're so important! They keep your head warm which keeps me warm. When it covers your ears, you are golden. 

4. Riding Boots: I have recently taken to non-zip up boots for the winter because they're just easier to put on -- one less thing to be disgruntled about when you're not happy to go outside into the cold! Riding boots are more warm in general, so in the winter, I just wear a variety of my riding boots. 

5. Gloves: Necessity- enough said. I'm looking to get the tech-ok gloves so I can text etc. in the cold too. 

6. iPhone/iPod: I like to listen to music to get my mind off of the cold! 

7. Hot drink/Coffee: It keeps my hand warm! And it makes me happy :) 



What's your Cold Combat Outfit? 



Follow me on Twitter @classicloving and Instagram at @shmoo1114 :) 

1 comment:

  1. Those gloves are adorable! I love the pink and orange combo but the little bow makes it for me. Aaand this post is making me crave starbucks so much. If only I didn't have to travel for 2 hours it get one haha

    ReplyDelete