Saturday, February 9, 2013

Blizzarded in with NEMO

NEMO is CRAZY. 
That is all I can say about the blizzard. 

I went outside to walk my puppy and I literally thought I would die. I mean, the train has stopped running. Everything is shut down. 
And guys, I worked from home on Friday. I NEVER WORK FROM HOME.
While my housemates lounged around and enjoyed their day off, I sat and did work between 9 to 5. (I'm proud). Thus, I didn't have a "day off." 

HOWEVER! since my teaching job got cancelled for today due to Nimo, I can enjoy my "day off."

Here's how I like to take my days off- especially in the winter. 

1. Hot Chocolate (and cookies): I'm sorry, but anyone who wouldn't enjoy that on a cold day is crazy. ;-) 
2. Warm blanket: I think this is a must-have. I sit on my couch most of the time, so I like to keep a good warm afghan with me. I use my housemate's AOII afghan all of the time. 

3. Fuzzy socks: I am so obsessed with them. A post about this will come soon. I especially like the Bath and Body Works Shea Infused Socks. 

4. Warm Slippers: I wear mocs, but whatever that makes your feet feel comfortable and happy!

5. Candle: This makes your room smell good and will make you feel relaxed!

6. Netflix: I am guilty of Netflix. And CBS.com. I don't stream movies etc. so these two are vital sources of entertainment for me. I LOVE them. There's just something about sitting inside on a cold day with hot chocolate while watching TV.

7. A Good Book: What more can I say? It's a necessity for a winter "day off." I am currently loving Katie Couric's book that I blogged about before! I got the eBook version before to just read it from the library but I loved it so much that I bought my own copy! 

I also keep my laptop and iPhone with me when I get snowed/colded in! 


I'm going to try to get some readings out of the way so that I can go sledding with my friends in the afternoon :) 

What're your blizzard activities? 

xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. I have those exact ugg mocs, they save my life on the daily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netflix is my obsession!! Good luck & stay safe :)
    xo

    affordablebyamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete