Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rainy Day Flannel

I love the rain when I'm listening to it in my warm bed at night.
It's a great background music,  you know? 
However, when I'm trying to get to work by 9AM after waking up at 7AM, and have to walk through the rain, I'm not so much of a fan. (Although my favourite Ralph Lauren navy umbrella makes it a little bit better.) 

In the rain, I would be ideally in a blanket reading a book. And ideally, I would be dressed warm and comfortably. And here's an outfit that I typically wear on a rainy, cold, bleary day. 

Rainy Day Flannel



J Brand denim skinny jeans, $200 / Vera Wang Lavender Label flat shoes / J.Crew j crew jewelry / Givenchy glass earrings / KATO` / AAA flannel check shirt

I enjoy flannel. I really do. I also love, love, love plaid for some odd reason. It just works well with me. I wear a lot of men's flannel shirts too, since they're so comfortable. I would wear flannel with skinny jeans and plain coloured ballet flats. I might also wear leggings on a rainy day with these flannel (naturally, my shoe choice would change with the leggings, though).

Honestly, this is my go-to-staying-in-during-crappy-weather-look for most of the winter and even the fall. It's just so warm and comfortable!

Anyone else have go to looks for staying in in muggy weather? 

5 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! Perfect for a rainy day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rain too! Even though I live in sunny LA. Like you, I really love flannel on a rainy day. It keeps you warm but not too warm to enjoy the chilly weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the perfect look for icky weather! I despise being outside in the rain... I would much rather be curled up with a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the those flats! I'm in need of some new ones.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and co comfy!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete