Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Escape from Reality

The past couple of weeks have been extremely hard on  me.
Classes, friends, boyfriend, family, work... Everything piled up. 
So what did I decide to do? 

I hopped on a bus and went to New York City with my mother! 

She'd never gone to NYC on a bus (since my father prefers to drive), so I gave her a call, asked her if she wanted to come along this coming Tuesday (I asked her Friday), and off we went. 
We didn't really decide to go anywhere special, and we just wandered around.
I get Tuesdays off from classes, so all I had to do was just move a couple of things around and I was ready to go! 

However, 6AM T rides are not fun, I assure you that one. 
The first thing we did when we got off the Megabus (round trip 46 dollars for 2 people!) was to go to the street full of whole sale flower shops for my mother. They were beautiful. 

Look what we found! 













Isn't that just adorable?
I've never seen a bike like this, even on Newbury Street before.

Inside of the flower shops

My mother really does like flowers. She was literally drooling when she was in the stores.


We also found a set of handmade hedgehogs in one of the flower stores!
My boyfriend owns a hedgie so it got me really excited. 
The one on the lower bottom really reminds me of him. 

We wandered around a little bit more and wandered into a Thai restaurant for lunch. 
7 dollars for all of that! 1 main dish plus 2 appetizers. How great is that? 
Unfortunately I have forgotten the name of the restaurant but it was near NYU. 
The service was fast and friendly and the food was delicious as well. 


After lunch we wandered up Fifth Avenue. 
I got a chance to pop into Madewell- the Madewell in the mall near wear I live is definitely not as cute as the one I saw in New York. 
The writing on the stairs were adorable and the shoe insides which were hanging on the walls added such a nice touch to the entire decor.
I really like decor and rooms so you can imagine how excited I was to stop by. 

I also had the chance to stop by UNIQLO as well- my New York favourite! 
I was planning to stop by Kate Spade, Lilly, and Jack Rogers but I ran out of time. But at least my mother got a great morning by wandering around the flower shops and buying supplies! I'm sure I'll be going to New York again this summer on a whim so I'm not too worried :) 

We went to Gyukaku, a Japanese BBQ grille for dinner before hopping back on the 8 o'clock bus bound home. 

All in all, the trip to escape reality was quite a success!
I may do this again sometime soon :) 



1 comment:

  1. Those hedgehogs are adorable! I've sadly never been to New York :(

    ReplyDelete