Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Going Greek!

Sorry for the lack of posts! I am alive! 
The new semester hasn't killed me! 

It's recruitment at my school right now, so that has been taking up most of my life. 

Image from Lilly & Letters

I am sure that many of you are in sororities across the country.
I am from a family where they were like "sororities? what are they?" so I didn't really know too much about them until I got to school. 

Anyways, for me, joining a sorority was the best decision that I've made in college. 
I've met a group of wonderful, wonderful, women; gotten experience in jobs that I would never have tried without my sorority; and, developed a sense of myself and self-confidence that I hadn't had before. 

Some people say that I'm buying myself friends. I don't think that's true. People pay money to play sports at school. They make friends through these sports. For sororities, it's just that the money we have to pay is more expensive because most of us have HQs and houses to maintain. 

The people I go to when I am sad are these women. The people I celebrate my A that I got in that hard class are these women. The people I get up for in the middle of the night to console are these women. They are my sisters, my best friends. 

They are the people whom I can go to when I need that motivation to study.

Being in Greek life has also given me the opportunities to give back to the society. We volunteer and fundraise for various causes, and participate in other fraternities' and sororities' charities. 

It really is an enriching experience. I don't know how else to put it. 

I love it. Every single moment of it, even the bad days. I like it, even if I may not be on the exec group. And that's what makes it so great- because I still love it, no matter what. 

I am proud that I decided to go Greek.


Any other Greeks out there? 

xoxo 


1 comment: