Monday, May 7, 2012

Stress Tips

I'm done with my international law class FOREVER!!
It was my hardest exam, and although I have 3 more to go, since I'm done with my hardest one, I literally feel deflated.  But at the same time, I have been so, so stressed.
I've definitely been on the verge of break down multiple times in the past couple of times this week.
And then I realized that I give people pep talks about stress all the time. But! I never seem to follow them, so I decided that it would probably be good if I actually followed my own pep talks.

1. Get food delivered to you
I know this sounds weird, but delivery food makes me feel so much better. My personal favourite are Chinese food, sushi and pad thai. When ever I'm stressed, they always make me feel better.
If you're a college student, grubhub.com is a good place to order from!! :)
Sharing food with your friends make it even better too. If it's a quick delivery dinner I don't feel as guilty taking some time off to enjoy dinner  with my friends.

2. Paint your nails
This is also a tad bit weird, but it's really soothing to just sit there and paint your nails. It's also the perfect amount of time - about 15-30 mins so allowing yourself to watch your favourite TV show while you paint your nails, and then turning the TV off makes it the perfect study break!
I actually repaint my nails every couple of days. Looking for the right colour is great too. My personal favourite brand is Zoya :)

3. Take a nap.
Enough said ;)

4. Take a night off
Don't take a night off unless you actually can afford to take a night off, or you actually need it. But sometimes, just sometimes, a girl needs her night off to deflate and relax. She really does.

5. Prevent Yourself
Prevent yourself from getting into the same situation next time. If it's finals stress, see what caused it. If it was your not doing your readings, learn and from next semester, do em on time.


Yay everyone! We all got this :)

1 comment:

  1. I was just writing a post about destressing! I love your tip about painting your nails!! It always makes me feel so good and pretty! Especially sitting on the couch in my robe painting my toenails a pretty color :)
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete